On this page, we provide an overview of new functionality introduced to SpeakerTravel over time.
2023 - June
- ✨ Creating traveller invitations using the SpeakerTravel API
2023 - May
- ✨ "Cancel for any Reason" (CFAR) is now available!. CFAR can be added to select bookings.
- ✨ Usability improvements to e-mail subject/previews
2023 - April
- ✨ Bundled tickets are now available!. These are not enabled by default and should be enabled by the event organizer.
- ✨ Organizer - Change/cancellation options are now displayed on traveller details page (when known).
- 🐞 Fare family is now displayed correctly on passenger details page after booking.
2023 - March
- ✨ Organizer - View price range of similar flights on booking approval page
- 🐞 Organizer - Update traveller budget currencies when updating event currency
2023 - February
- ✨ Organizer - Add notes and activity to traveller details
- ✨ Traveller - Display fare class in search results
- ✨ Traveller - Redesigned trip details pages
- ✨ An initial version of the SpeakerTravel API
2023 - January
- ✨ Organizer - Added the ability to set default budgets per event/region
- ✨ Organizer - Contextual documentation was added to the organizer section
- ✨ Traveller - Add "With this flight only" filter to search results
- ✨ Better support for several airlines in Asia and Oceania (Scoot, Qantas, ...)
2022 - December
- ✨ Organizer - Display all notification options that can be enabled/disabled
- ✨ Traveller - Make included baggage information more visible in search results
2022 - November
- ✨ Organizer - See all transactions for an event, including passenger fees
- ✨ Organizer - Improved billing options for events
- ✨ Organizer - Request change/cancelation/bags/... in traveller details interface
- ✨ Traveller - Make cabin class/branded fare name more visible in search results
- 🐞 Traveller - Fixed issue with British Airways sometimes not returning flight details
- 🐞 Traveller - Fixed issue with not being able to remove account details in all cases
2022 - October
- ✨ Organizer - Improved traveller details interface
- ✨ Technical updates (migration to .NET 7.0)
2022 - September
- ✨ Traveller - Improved search interface
- 🐞 Traveller - Fixed issue with some airlines reporting the wrong number of included checked bags
- ✨ Organizer - Additional confirmation when sending reminders to avoid accidental mass-mails
- ✨ Support booking multi-city flights
2022 - August
- ✨ Reworked booking engine
2022 - July
- ✨ Collect additional traveller information with custom fields
- ✨ Update airline icons and master data
2022 - June
- ✨ Organizer - Clone event now also clones branding options
- ✨ Train stations with an IATA code can now be booked (SNCF, Accesrail, and more)
- 🐞 Improve rendering of map locations when no airport lat/lon is known
2022 - May
- ✨ Traveller - Allow separate baggage upgrades per flight (when available)
- ✨ Traveller - Add support for known traveller number
- ✨ Introduce the SpeakerTravel trust center
2022 - April
- ✨ Organizer - Configure e-mail notifications
- ✨ Organizer - Import - Additional default options can be specified
- ✨ Traveller - Show list of pending trips as starting page
- ✨ Traveller - Search results UI updates
- 🐞 Traveller - When flight number is re-used, confirmation e-mail contains a duplicate attachment
- 🐞 Traveller - Calendar invitations sometimes include wrong timezone
- ✨ Booking engine performance improvements
2022 - March
- ✨ Organizer - Re-send booking confirmation e-mail on demand
- ✨ Organizer - Self-leave event team
2022 - February
- ✨ Traveller - Minor UI/UX updates to search results
- ✨ Organizer - Minor UI updates to finished events in events list
- 🐞 Organizer - When cloning an event, travel dates are now suggested correctly
- ✨ Support for booking carry-on and baggage upgrades when available
- ✨ Improved airport search with all airports in city
- ✨ Improved airport search UI
2022 - January
- ✨ Organizer - Limit travel dates for event and individual travellers
- ✨ Traveller - Removed SimCorner partner link from booking confirmation e-mails
- ✨ Traveller - Improved search for specific booking class
2021 - December
- ✨ Update airline icons and master data
2021 - November
- ✨ Organizer - UX improvements when working with multiple events
2021 - October
- ✨ Traveller - Airline check-in link available in e-mail and trip details
- ✨ Traveller - Flights with different fare families on each flight leg now score lower in search results
- 🐞 Traveller - Calendar attachments in confirmation e-mail now correctly picked up by GMail client
- ✨ Remember previous choice of login method and display it on the login page
- ✨ Technical updates (migration to .NET 6.0)
2021 - September
- ✨ Organizer - Show passenger baggage information in approval step
- ✨ Organizer - Remind all travellers in one go
- ✨ Various UI improvements
2021 - July
- ✨ Booking engine performance improvements
- ✨ Documentation navigation improvements
2021 - June
- ✨ Organizer - Support for new Sessionize.com XLSX format to import and invite travellers.
2020 - September
- ✨ Technical updates (migration to .NET 5.0)
2020 - August
- 🐞 Additional verification of bookability related to COVID-19 flight availability.
2020 - July
- ✨ Update airline icons and master data.
- ✨ Work on additional documentation.
2020 - June
- ✨ Update maps source.
- ✨ Various minor updates to UX.
2020 - May
- ✨ A new documentation center is now available.
2020 - April
- ✨ Organizer - Travellers can be auto-approved when cost is within budget (optional).
- ✨ Organizer - Import and invite travellers from XLSX, CSV file and speaker exports from Sessionize.com.
2020 - March
- ✨ Traveller - Ticketing phone number can be specified to retrieve airline notifications.
- ✨ Organizer - Booking approval is now asynchronous - no need to stare at a progress bar for 20 seconds after approving travel.
- ✨ Organizer - Event currency can now be EUR and USD.
2020 - February
- ✨ Render Great Circle arcs on maps.
- ✨ Traveller - Our partner SimCorner, offering data/4G travel SIM cards is listed in booking confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Traveller - Our partner TripIt can parse SpeakerTravel confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Added a switch to display flight prices to travellers (disabled by default).
- ✨ Organizer - Invite team members to manage travel for speakers.
- 🐞 Organizer - Speed up budget price range retrieval.
2020 - January
- ✨ Localize calendar start of week when possible.
- ✨ Traveller - Improve filtering departure/arrival time and duration of flight.
- 🐞 Traveller - Redirect to search when invitation already accepted (do not show "invalid invitation").
- ✨ Organizer - Reporting (financial summary, travel times summary)
- ✨ Organizer - Scrollbar for mail preview.
- ✨ Organizer - Added ability to edit invitation.
2019 - December
- ✨ Added support for baggage fees and fare tiers.
- ✨ Added support for low-cost carrier bookings.
- ✨ Organizer - Added ability to clone previous event.
2019 - November
- ✨ Support for one-way flights.
- ✨ Traveller - Improve flight selection UI on mobile devices.
- ✨ Organizer - Provide budget suggestions when creating traveller invitation.
2019 - October
- ✨ Pre-formatted itineraries replaced with nice HTML design in web application and confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Allow pre-populating traveller departure airport when known.
2019 - September
- ✨ Organizer - Allow specifying potential budget overrun percentage.
- ✨ Organizer - Option to provide EU VAT details.
- ✨ Organizer - Improve UI for flight pricing.
- 🐞 Organizer - Recomended departure date not always pre-populated [bugfix]
2019 - August
- ✨ Display badge in top menu for organizers and travellers, to visualize when an action is required.
- ✨ Organizer - Branding enhancements, including customization of traveller invitation and booking confirmation e-mails.
- ✨ Organizer - Remind travellers to accept an invitation or to search for travel options.
- ✨ Organizer - Reason can be specified when rejecting a travel option.
- ✨ Organizer - Booking vs. budget amount chart is now displayed on the event dashboard.
- ✨ Organizer - Base metrics on dashboard are now clickable and link to more details.
- ✨ Organizer - Multiple passengers can be invited on one booking.
- ✨ Traveller - Show contact details of organizer on trip details page.
- ✨ Traveller - Show selected itinerary while flight approval is pending.
- ✨ Traveller - Basic flight info is shown on the trip overview page.
2019 - March - July
- ✨ Initial release of SpeakerTravel and refinements, providing support to create an event and invite passengers, with basic booking functionality.